Friday 3 August 2012

Lemon Sugar and Kiss Me On My Tulips

The sun is out, and so the sun shall shine on my nails! On my fingers I've gone for Lemon Sugar by Avon.  It's part of the nailwear pro+ line, and it applies like a dream, it took three coats to achieve a streak free opacity (damn you pale yellows!) but I really love the finish!  It's a beautiful bright milky yellow and I don't own anything else like it.  I've never really thought that a yellow polish would suit me, and I still believe I wouldn't be able to pull off a bright sunflower yellow, but I think Lemon Sugar suits my skin tone and sits nicely on my nails (feel free to let me know if I'm way off!).  My one big gripe with this polish is believe it or not, the lid/brush; it's a square lid and the brush on mine was set off centre if you can picture it, so you have to hold it on the corners rather than on the flat to get the right angel of the brush on your nails, and although it doesn't make application impossible it does just make it a bit more of a challenge! 
I wore this to the pub last night, and as I was sat staring at a fantastic sunset sipping my coke I couldn't help but catch a glimpse of my nails and grinning at their lemon meringue-y goodness! 


To compliment this, on my toes I've gone for OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips which is a lovely bright fuschia - a bright bubblegum which looks so lovely with the slight tan on my feet! 

I'm hoping that these bright colours will encourage the sun to burn off these intermittent clouds and bring that heat wave back! 


What are your favourite summer nail colours? 
x

13 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making the sun shine in my lounge as I get far too excited watching the olympics on tv!
      x

      Delete
  2. I love a ny pink and neon shades fo the summmer :)

    http://beautyllicious23.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they! Might have to wear them all year round as a pick me up!

      x

      Delete
  3. 'lemon meringue-y goodness' love it, such a beautiful summery colour. I think you've convinced me to try out some Avon polishes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I just couldn't think of a better way to describe it!! As I said, the only thing that annoyed me was that the brush is square but the color and the wear proved to be amazing!

      x

      Delete
  4. That yellow polish looks really really good on you!! it totally matches your skintone!

    bijou-minou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I never thought I'd find a yellow to suit me, but it seems like I might have hit the jack pot with this one!

      x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colours, which also look great together, I think! :) I especially like the OPI one. :)

    I also nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! :)

    xx

    Find out more on my Blog:
    hermionelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm going to repaint my toes with the OPI today because I love it so much!
      I see things about the Liebster Blog Award but I've got to admit I need to do some research - I'll go to your blog - and thank you so much for nominating me!

      xxx

      Delete
  6. Hey! I nominated you for the Leibster award! The rules are on my blog! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails are so neatly painted! How did you do it!?
    Argh, I HATE square lids, they are tha bain of my life, haha. Such a pain to hold. I also know what you mean about pale yellows, they are so streaky for the first couple of layers! I can't really do bright yellows either as they seem to make me look ridiculously pale, which is odd as I thought a pastel shade would be more likely to. Hmm.
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend!
    Mel x

    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always think mine look rubbish compared to other people but in this case they look alright - fluke!
      I know, stop trying to be different or quirky with your square lids and realise that there is a reason that the world and it's mother have opted for the circular/cylindrical shape!
      I was really pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this colour, and I'm glad I haven't had to trawl through a whole host of yellows before I found one I like!

      I had a great weekend thanks, and hope you did too.

      xxx

      Delete