Monday 13 August 2012

It's been a while!

Holy cow I haven't blogged for ages and I've been oh so aware of it - I've really missed it - but I have been ridiculously busy over the past week and a bit with numerous visitors coming to stay (with small children and tiny babies that need entertaining and cuddles), I also travelled a casual 500 miles to get to Brighton to essentially sign my name and hand over money in order to enroll at college, and then we were inundated by more guests and spent yesterday baking and celebrating my dad's 56th birthday and of course watching the closing ceremony for the Olympics.  Phew that took a while to write!! 

I have been absolutely loving the Olympics, I've been soaring on a constant feeling of national pride over the past two weeks.  I am in love with Great Britain and so inspired and in awe of all that we have achieved, and I can't wait to see even more from the ParaOlympics! As a host nation I think we did incredibly well and I'm so proud that we managed to pull it off and show all those that doubted the capability of all those involved, that we can do it, and do it exceptionally well! 

I've cried quite a lot while watching The Games; there are so many raw emotions, from elation and relief, to bitter disappointment and pain, and I have genuinely felt like I've been a part of it, and have felt a sliver of it all.  I've got to say that I think the BBC's coverage was brilliant and they did a great job of keeping us informed and involved throughout! 

I could keep on gushing about my love of the Olympics but I feel I ought to stop now - I think you all get a taste of just how proud and inspired I feel! 

In other news...
As I mentioned before, I have officially enrolled at City College Brighton and Hove to study Beauty Therapy - money has left my account and I feel like there is no going back! I'm both daunted and excited by the prospect of this new start and I can't wait to keep you all updated as I move through this new stage of my life - eek!! I can't wait to be submerged in the culture of Brighton, and to find myself once more back home in the loving embrace of my massive and gorgeous family - I'm a lucky lady!! 

I've also weakened - I've read Fifty Shades of Grey, and what's more, I'm now reading the next one Fifty Shades of Darker! I could go on for a while about these books as I have opinions on everything from the quality of the writing to the way it portrays women and everything in-between but I won't do it here (let me know if you'd like a post on my thoughts?!)


The famous Fifty Shades!
I've also raved about the Making of Us here

I've really missed blogging, and communicating with everyone through it and all I can say is that I've got one hell of a lot of blog reading and commenting to do as well as writing a shed load of posts for you all!! 

I hope you're all well! 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment