Wednesday 20 June 2012

7 Things.



So, because I utterly adore Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get involved with her 7 Things interactive malarky.  Plus, it's a pretty good kick up the bum to get me to actually achieve some things! You can see how this came about by checking out Louise's blog post here! So, without further ado lets get to it - here are the 7 things I am aiming to do...


Pamper. I think my body deserves a little bit of TLC, and I want to feel better about myself so I'm going to set aside a good chunk of time to do things properly, I'm talking a full exfoliation, some fake tan (eek I never wear it!) and giving myself a luxurious manicure and pedicure.


Sort.  There are things I just need to do, sending emails, posting things, and checking up on bills and standing orders etc so my aim is to tie up all those loose ends.


Read. And by read I mean an actual book.  It's not that I don't read books anymore but I tend to leave it longer between finishing one and starting another because I get lost in the world of blogging and watching YouTube, this is all well and good but I want to get lost in a novel again! 


Exercise.  I, like Louise, am not intending on running a marathon or swimming the channel, but I need to get moving because I'm simply just too sedentary, I'll start with some yoga stretches I think (God I really am adventurous!) and then just try to walk more, and maybe I'll do a sit up or two (if my stomach muscles can be located).


Invest. I don't mean in anything material, there will be no property purchases, and I don't intend to buy up any shares, I plan on just investing some time in myself.  There is a lot going on in my little head and heart and I store it all away hoping it'll just go away, but alas it isn't so easily lost, so I want to spend some time unravelling it and sorting it, so that at least it can be stored away more neatly! 


Plan. I want to buy a diary.  I've long since lost my academic diary (and anyway it'll be running out soon and holds too many emotions), so it's time to get a 2012 diary and plan some important things.  I've got a lot to cram into the next few months and it would do me good to be able to visualise it all! 


Drink. I am ridiculously bad at drinking water, and so I intend to up my intake.  I doubt I'll go from zero to H2O hero over night but every little helps hey?!


So, there we have it!  I really hope that by having these up for all to see (well my 9 followers) will motivate me, and to know I'm doing this with a load of Louise's readers is a real encouragement! 

Do you fancy getting involved in the 7 Things in 7 Days challenge?

x




**UPDATE**
Living in a small town in the middle of the countryside sucks sometimes - one of my things is to plan, and to plan I want a dairy, and I'd like my dairy to be either Paperchase or Moleskine.  Neither of these things exist in my small town and will only be available when I drive an hour and a half to my nearest city...which seems a little excessive for a diary.  I plan to go next week with my mum because she works in said city! Countryside, you're pretty, but sometimes a total pain in the ass!! 





15 comments:

  1. gosh darn it, alice! you're so stinkin' pretty -- share some of the pretty with the rest of us! but really though -- your eyes are so bright and beautiful and clear. i really like that neato-burrito pink damask background, too!
    as an english major, can i make a summer reading book suggestion? (heh, i get all excited when someone needs a book suggestion.) anyway, "east of eden" by john steinbeck. it's intimidating in size (600+ pages, oooohhh yeaaaahhh!) but you'll love it. it was a summer reading "project" last year, and it was so well worth it. i love steinbeck.
    and i totally had a list like yours, last summer! it's so great. i developed a daily routine: wake up at sun rise, hike through the hills, come back home, brew some green tea, throw on a face mask, relax, get ready for work. of course, i have to wake up 4 extra hours every day just to give myself time for all of this, but i feel like i'm pampering myself, and it's so worth it. i'm energized and in a great mood all day! of course, i couldn't really go hiking with my dog today because there's practially a monsoon outside. wtf.
    as for the 9 followers thing: i wonder if it's because you don't have a "suscribe" button like you usually see on blogs? heh, i have you saved in my favorites folder because i can't freakin' find the suscribe button! (not unless i'm totally blind, and sometimes i'm pretty oblivious to things, ha!)
    hope all is well!!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately that photo is of Louise (who writes the blog Sprinkle of Glitter) and i'm using that photo because she is running an interactive blog series, but yeah, she is absolutely gorgeous!!
      Thank you so much for the suggestion, I will get my hands on this as soon as I can...i love reading things that I know other people have really enjoyed!!
      Your morning routine sounds amazing - I think I'll have to give it a go, I think taking myself for a walk along the cliff tops would be a perfect start to the day!
      Right, about the subscriber thingy...it is pretty tricky to find and I've tried to change it but I don't seem to know how...but if you look on the right hand side of my page, you should find a little black tap which when you hover over it comes out, and then there are 4 little boxes, the second one should allow you to follow my blog through GFC...if this doesn't work please let me know and I'll change the layout to something where this is easier to do. Speaking of the layout of my blog - what do you think? It's pretty basic I know (but I'm not computer savvy enough to change it haha), but do you like the way it's presented, is it easy to navigate etc (aside from the stupid subscribe thing!!)?
      I'd love any feedback you've got to give, and thank you so much for such a lovely long comment...and for reading my blog!!
      I hope that the rain stops soon and you're able to get out and enjoy your mornings again!!

      x

      Delete
    2. oh my god, ha ha! i saw this same picture on mel's "wall of mirrors" blog and i literally smacked myself in the forehead! i didn't even bother reading the little link at the bottom of the picture. wooow, i'm a complete loser. ha ha!!
      anyway, as far as the layout: it's SO different from everything else out there, and that's what i love about it! at the same time, navigation is a little bit tricky. personally, i think simple layouts are the best. you know, with a white background and a bold font where everything is very easy to see, but that's just me. (actually, i think blogger even has a "simple" layout scheme! it's the one that i'm using.)
      if you're thinking of changing your layout, i could absolutely help you out! i'm not super tech-savvy, but i know my basic HTML and graphics-making :)
      shoot me an e-mail, or even hit me up on facebook and we can brain storm or something!

      email: alex.hilterbrand@my.und.edu
      facebook: alexandra hilterbrand

      hope all is well :)

      Delete
    3. Haha, I saw that you had written this the other day, Alex - that's why I made sure to point out who the picture was of in my post!:)
      Mel x

      Delete
    4. ha ha ha you're a godsend, mel!
      i'm pretty oblivious to most small details like this!

      Delete
    5. I'm sorry I wasn't clear about it - I'll actually edit this post to make it more clear (like you have Mel!) if only I looked like Louise!!
      I did kind of like my layout for being something different, but I guess sometimes you've just got to accept that different doesn't always work so it might be time for me to stick with something simple (if I can even work out how to do that haha). I've added you on facebook Alexandra, any sort of tech advice or help to make my blog look and function better would be amazing!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Alice, about the GFC thing - it's just because you're using a dynamic view layout. If you were to change to a normal layout then it would show up as normal.
    Great post, I was thinking about getting involved with this too after seeing Louise's post, so now I'm doubly inspired. I definitely need to get myself a diary too and be a bit more organised. The hard thing is actually remembering to look in it! Ha.
    Mel x

    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mel! I'm hopeless with technology, I don't know why I thought I'd be different and have this layout!! Can I just ask, can you see that black tab that kind of pops out when you hover over it, on the right hand side, near the top of my homepage? If nobody can see it, then it seems pretty pointless!
      I know, I can imagine that I'll get a diary then a) forget to look in it b) forget to take it with me c) forget I've got it and fail to write the important things down anyway...oh well, got to give it a try I guess!

      x

      Delete
    2. Haha, well, we can only try. Let's hope we don't completely forget we've even written these posts and not even attempt any of our goals! Ha.
      Yeah, you can see the black tab,but it doesn't really jump out at you unless you know it's there. From past experience ( I used to use this layout for another blog I write for)I don't find it to be the most practical, and you might be missing out on subscribers because of it, which would be annoying! It took me a while to even find how people could follow me myself when I was using it! It's a silly oversight by Google really though, as I actually really like these dynamic views - much better than having to scroll down the page all the time! It was pretty much due to the tab and the lack of sidebar to display info that I changed. Don't know if that's going to be of any help but hope so! :)
      Mel x
      http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. This is a good post and your 7 things are the kind of things I need to do apart from the drinking water because that's all I ever drink :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really wish I'd never got out of the habit of drinking loads of water - well done you for sticking with it!

      x

      Delete
  4. Hey! you now have 10 followers! :)
    This is a great idea I think I may join in!
    Its amazing how much better you feel when you actually get things done...even if its little things!
    keep up the blogging!
    xxx

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thank you so so much!
      It does make such a difference, and I think having publicly posted my goals I'm in with more of a chance of actually ticking them off...I hope so anyway!! You should definitely join in - the more the merrier!!

      xxx

      Delete
  5. I brought a diary back in April and its the best thing Ive done in a while. I write everything down, from lists to important dates and even things I want to blog about. Sounds silly but I always envied my friends diary, worn leather, loads of notes/pieces of paper stapled in and every now and then a little love note from her husband. I want mine to look like that :)
    Good Luck!!
    Following from http://loveububba.blogspot.co.uk/

    Tai x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having a diary too, and I was just so annoyed at myself for letting it slip. I bought a new one yesterday though and I love it already - I would love it to look like your friend's too, like it really lived my life with me!
      Thank you for following, I'm going to check out your blog now :)

      x

      Delete