Tuesday 1 May 2012

Ultimate Procrastination

The weather today is pretty disgusting, it has been raining non-stop so far and it looks like we're entering an apocalypse or something because it's just so ruddy dark! It is typical that on a day like today I just can't get the thought of going into town and having a look around out of my head, it's like it's the only thing in the entire world that I want to do right now (well maybe not the only thing) but it would involve me walking for half an hour in the torrential rain, and then walking around town in much the same way.  I would look like a drowned rat, and probably have a horrible time but I am just dying to do it.  Maybe it's because if I stay at home I have to do college work, tidy my room, write some letters and research courses for September.  But the big question is whether I am so desperate to avoid doing these jobs that I'll risk hypothermia and potentially trench foot just to put them off for another day?! 


*UPDATE*


Today was still spent mostly procrastinating, but at least it wasn't the spending money sort of procrastination that a trip to town would have meant! 
I spent the morning just chilling with my housemate, reading blogs and curling my hair, and then this afternoon as if by magic the rain stopped and the sun came out.  And not only did the sun come out but it was HOT so I sat in the garden, wrote a letter and read my book.  So what started as a pretty bleak day has turned out much better than I could have anticipated!
Hmm about that college work....


I hope you've all had a good day, and the sun has been shining where you are! 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment