Friday 27 April 2012

Real Techniques Stippling Brush


It was love at first stroke with this brush I'd say.  In fact, I think it was love at first sight because I think I knew I'd love it before I even got it.  I love watching Nic and Sam's YouTube videos and last year I got a bit obsessed with everything Pixiwoo and Real Techniques and I just knew I needed some of the brushes in my life!  I asked for this for Christmas and it was an absolute delight to see it there in my stocking on Christmas morning, and even more of a delight to feel it's beautifully soft caress (yes, I appreciate that talking this way about a brush might be a bit wrong, but trust me, if you've experienced it you'll know it's oh so true)! To be perfectly honest the rest is history really, and for the past four and a bit months this has been the only brush i've used to apply my foundation and I love it.  It claims to give an airbrushed finish, and I really didn't think it was possible because I've never really been wowed by a foundation brush in the past as I find they leave marks or seem to drag the product around, but this stippling brush really does just buff the product onto the skin leaving a flawless finish that looks really natural.  

I recently bought the Buffing Brush and I'm yet to try it.  I've heard such great things about it but I just don't know how anything can be better than the Stippling Brush, I'm almost scared to try it!! I don't want my love affair to end! 


I have quite a few other Real Techniques brushes (that's a bit of an understatement) but I'm yet to give them all a proper trial so I will have to wait a bit before I declare my love for them (although the Blush Brush is definitely a firm favourite as well - seperate post to come).

So far I've used this brush with Mac Pro Longwear, Max Factor Lasting Performance, Bourjois 123 Perfect and Lancome Teint Miracle and it has applied all of them like a dream.  I did however get a sample of Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and for some reason it seemed to be quite hard to apply with this brush, I felt like I was having to drag it around my face and use a fair amount of product, I don't know why this was, if it was the brush or the foundation or me?! 

I also love that the larger Real Techniques brushes can stand up on their own, because you don't want to have to lay your brushes down on unhygienic surfaces. 

These brushes are 100% cruelty-free which is also a massive positive, and because the bristles are synthetic it means that they can be used with a massive range of products, from creams to liquids and mineral products so the stippling brush could also be used to apply a cream or powder blush or bronzer...the wonders never cease! 

Can you tell I'm a bit of a fan?
Have you experienced the joy of this brush? Which is your favourite foundation brush?

x


No comments:

Post a Comment